our total solution
In order to have a clearer picture of the client’s brand identity, positioning, and the message it wanted to convey, we organized brainstorming sessions and different meetings with Merident’s key members.
Detailed research of the industry & Merident’s target audience, along with a thorough analysis of their competitors, were also done and led us to related keywords and slogans for the brand.
At this stage of the total solution process, we provided a brief for the design and personality of two characters, with the following highlights:
- The philosophy of the product is cleanness and oral hygiene. This should be taken into account while making the characters.
- A boy and girl duo would make a deeper connection with all audiences.
- Using the characters’ hair to depict the appealing looks and colors of the toothpaste would be interesting and creative.
- The characters have to be fun, playful and dressed in bright clothes (while matching the products’ colors) to grab children’s attention.
- Their design should appeal to kids, but at the same time, it shouldn’t be alien to other age groups.
- They are good and fun examples for children that encourage them to brush their teeth.
The Merident brand owners wanted to choose their brand mascot out of multiple sketches, so our Creative team presented them with various designs and poses.
What eventually came out were two lovely characters with fine detail to speak the message of the brand; their hair, for instance, creatively and noticeably depicted the product.